lørdag den 19. januar 2019

Waiting for patience

I'm waiting for him
want to surprise him.
I drink my beer and wonder
what he might wear tonight.
My heart skips a beat
when my phone rings.
It's my sister.
I tell her to call later.

An hour 'till showtime.
It's only been a week.
My feelings are obviously not aware
of that fact.
They're giggling around in my body
all the way up to my mouth,
just to escape in a smile.

Looking at my sleeping phone.
It's been two hours since he wrote me.
Missing a stranger is so confusing.

I finish my beer
playing with the unlit cigarette in my hand.
Imagining the forbidden kiss.
I want to confront the one
who keeps repeating that scene in my mind.
Can't concentrate
and my lightly blushed face reveals that.

The cold air helps me
clear my thoughts.
The relaxing smoke in my mouth
tells me to go home and be responsible.
I reach for my jacket.

His amazing brown eyes
catches mine in the crowd
and I know I'm not gonna leave
just yet.
Maybe I call in sick tomorrow.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar