tirsdag den 22. januar 2019

Hiding from a heartbreak

When nothing changes and everything feels different.
Four little insignificant words
that turns my world upside down.
I saw it coming, but I was so unprepared.

Your sincere attention dancing
with your intentions.
I can see that I hurt you.
Your eyes are a shade darker than before.

The distance we’ve been calling for
is crawling towards us.
You’re trying to protect us, her, them,
but I don’t like what’s coming.
You’re revealing a piece of your thoughts,
that I didn’t noticed before.

A glimpse of independence and a river of forbidden feelings are overpowering me
and I surrender to reality.
For once in my life.

My short fairytale has come to an end
and I know I’ve got to face the devil once again.
I wrote a letter to the good girl,
begging her to come back.
Unfortunately she’s gonna return any time now.
I know she’ll never let me see you.

The tears on my face is a reflection you don’t like,
but you taught me it is what it is.
Tonight I’m letting my guards down.
In a little while you’re gonna be a dear memory
of a time, that wasn’t mine. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar